These buckwheat pancakes are so fluffy and easy to make. Buckwheat is naturally gluten-free and it's suitable for those with coeliac disease. Buckwheat is rich in antioxidant and high in fibre (especially insoluble fibre). Adding Reboost’s very own Fibre Mix into your buckwheat packs, will help you meet your recommended daily fibre intake and support healthy heart by improving cholesterol balance. Both buckwheat flour and our Fibre Mix have low glycaemic index which can work together to help lower blood sugar levels and keep you staying full and satisfied longer.
175 g buckwheat flour
12 g Fibre Mix
295 ml milk, or preferred non-dairy milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs for vegan)
1. In a measuring jug, mix milk and lemon juice together, then set aside for 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine buckwheat flour, Fibre Mix, and baking powder, mix well.
3. Whisk the eggs into milk. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until you see no lumps or flour. It is okay if there has a few small lumps, don't over mix the batter. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Lightly spray the pan with oil, pour about 2 tbsp batter onto a non-stick pan.
5. When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
6. Serve immediately with yogurt, fresh berries or your favourite toppings. Enjoy!